"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks." John 4:23



Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas

Each year is different now at Christmastime. Our lives change as we get older and the kids are grown and have their own lives to live. I do miss spending time with them but I understand that's how life is. I also am getting older and all those things I used to craft, sew, bake etc. at Christmas just seem too hard to do anymore, at least at the rate I used to do them. I also work six days a week so not much time to do much and as I get older not as much energy once I get home in the evening. I can get done the basics but the extra stuff just doesn't seem to get done anymore.
I am still glad I am healthy enough to work to support myself. I do not lack for anything. Of course there are always those things I would like -  but not necessary and I am content and appreciate the things I do have. There are so many more who have less than me even though I work in an area where most people have more than me, it's all about perspective and knowing what I really need and what is all fluff. I seem to appreciate more simple things. Life seems so much better when we approach life with a spirit of gratefulness.
This made me smile this morning, someone actually took the time to hang wreaths on the signs in our neighborhood.

I know it's not much but it made me smile...

Enjoy your Christmas! And know that if it's different this year it's OK  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment