"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks." John 4:23



Saturday, September 8, 2012

"Mercury Glass" candle Holders

After the many DIY posts I've read I decided to try my hand at making the "mercury glass" candle holders with Krylon's looking glass paint. I made the rounds of "local" (20 miles away) craft store but there was none to be found so I ordered some on Amazon, even though there was the shipping expense.
When I knew the paint would be arriving via UPS soon I made my way to Dollar Tree and bought myself 4 candle holders for $4.25. I figure if I mess up it wouldn't cost too much. I followed directions from other site and chose the vinegar/water method of distressing and also only used two coats of the spray paint since I wanted the glass to be semi-transparent. Here are the pics I took. I have plenty of paint left over and think I'll be making another run to the Dollar Tree. Fun little Christmas gifts for co-workers and friends! Just need to make my yearly visit to Yankee Candle outlet store to add some candles to the candle holders.

Plastic bag and painters tape cover the outside.








Before distressing..
Finished candle holders with candles lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment